Current Job Opportunities
Childhaven is an “Equal Opportunity Employer”. Opportunities for employment, advancement, training and compensation are equal for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability at all levels of employment.
Forensic Interviewer/Family Advocate – Farmington, NM
- Responsible for the delivery of legally sound forensic interviews of child abuse victims or witnesses of a crime in a child-friendly setting.
- Responsible for the delivery of services to families, helping them to identify family stressors, linking them with community resources and teaching them how to access those resources.
- Forensic Interviewing experience not required, as Childhaven will coordinate training on this subject.
- Qualifications must include either a:
- Master’s Degree related to social work, education, criminal justice, nursing, psychology (or)
- Bachelor’s Degree with two (2) years’ experience related to social work, education, criminal justice, nursing, psychology. Ability to pass fingerprint clearance/background check.
NM Licensed Mental Health Therapist (LMSW, LPCC, LPC, LISW, LMFT, LMAT)
- Provides individual, group, and family therapy to improve mental health through discussion of emotions of experiences.
- Develop therapeutic treatment plan and refer clients to other resources and services.
- Maintain timely and accurate records of counseling/ therapy sessions, Service Assessments, Treatment Plans, and Discharge Summaries.
- Ensure intake and discharge forms and procedures are completed properly on each resident.
- Supervise Childhaven resident’s infant to seventeen yr. olds.
- Tend to physical, emotional, social, intellectual and nutritional needs of children.
- Assist children with personal hygiene, life skills, cleaning rooms, laundry, taking care of facility and supplies.
Foster Parent – Farmington, NM
Contract Positions – Work with children and youth, ages 5-17. Experience with traumatized children and completing a comprehensive background check and home study is required. Apply onsite at 807 W. Apache St., Farmington, NM 87401.
Interns – Farmington, NM
Childhaven offers internships from high school to Masters and Bachelors level. Please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at (505) 325-5358 ext. 203 for more information. All interns need to fill out our volunteer application and will need three references.